Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can I use pet stain and odour remover on chipboard before laminate boards go on?

maureen3
Just Starting Out

Can I use pet stain and odour remover on chipboard before laminate boards go on?

we have been unable to rid room of dog urine smell despite carpet cleaning. we have pulled up ruined carpet and underlay but still can smell it! what products could I use to prep floor before laminate boards go on? sub floor is chip board.

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Can I use pet stain and odour remover on chipboard before laminate boards go on?

A warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, @maureen3. We're delighted to have you join us and look forward to seeing and assisting you with your home improvement and garden projects.

Sorry to hear about that lingering pet odour. Our resident D.I.Y. Bunnings expert @EricL will be online later this afternoon and would be happy to provide some advice. 

In the meantime, let me tag some of our ever-helpful members in case they have any thoughts: @CwalkerG@RubyCavoodle@LePallet and @AmyCody 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: can I use pet stain and odour remover on chipboard before laminate boards go on?

Hello @maureen3 

Thanks for sharing your question about pet odour remover. 

I'm afraid the urine smell has attached itself not only to the floorboard but to the walls as well. I suggest washing the walls with Sugar Soap to remove any muskiness and smells that may have attached itself to the rooms wall. If the floorboard has been soaked by dog urine, I propose thinking about cutting that section out and replacing it with a new floor patch. At this point further chemical solutions might not make the urine smell go away unless the soaked section is removed.

I suggest having a look at Peerless JAL 750ml Attack An Odour Neutraliser. It's quite effective with my dog's bed frame. I recommend trying it on the floor and walls and see if it reduces the smell.     

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: can I use pet stain and odour remover on chipboard before laminate boards go on?

Hi @maureen3 

Being a cat and dog owner i think we all have those mishaps

I have discovered a  Product with bio enzymes that targets that pungent urine smell and helps remove stains on most hard and soft surfaces.

Its Called  URINE FREE  https://urinefree.com.au/  All in one odour and stain remover.  urinefree com au

I bought  a 4 litre  bottle and a smaller trigger 500ml pack for ease of  use.

I takes  a couple of washes to  eliminate the smells.

Eg in carpet I found you need to towel the carpet  dry and sit dry towel on carpet and really push down to wick out the urine from under  layers to as  much as possible. Then spray on to carpet for a couple house let enzime  start working.

and repeat. 

I like leaving carpet a  little moist afterwards with the enzime still at work.

Bunnings  has 

Britex 500ml Urine Remover with only 3 star review 

I/N: 4500005

$14.95

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects