Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix this old-style wardrobe?

Melski
Just Starting Out

How to fix this old-style wardrobe?

Good evening I'm wo during how I would get this old wardrobe to end up flat and even again.

It was given to me by a dear friend who has now passed but unfortunately it was left in the rain and now is a little warped and bent, would love to fix it up, varnish it and use it.

Thank you in advance 

16632379201421925796279158249758.jpg

16632379514378699923771580439510.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: old style wardrobe

Hello @Melski

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about fixing your old-style wardrobe.

Timber being a natural product is difficult to bend back into shape. Would it be possible for you to show us where the warp has occurred? Putting in timber braces can sometimes help, but it all depends if the original timber of the wardrobe is still strong enough to be braced. Timber splitting and screws sinking can sometimes occur if the timber has been damaged too much. 

Let me call on our experienced members @ProjectPete, @TedBear and @JoeAzza for their recommendations.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to fix this old-style wardrobe?

Hi @Melski,

As Eric has mentioned, it would be great if you could please share some more photos of the whole wardrobe as well as any shots that show specific damage so we can better assess the extent of any problems. 

I would also encourage you to have a look at @MitchellMc's helpful guide How to upcycle a bedside cabinet. Many of the techniques involved in restoring your wardrobe will be very similar. 

Many thanks for sharing your project with us, we look forward to seeing how you can transform this special piece. 

Welcome to the community, 

Jason  

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects