Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a glass window crack?

parth5795
Just Starting Out

How to fix a glass window crack?

Hi, 

I found two cracks in the living room glass door.

I am not sure of the cause of this as it was not there a couple of days ago.

I would like to know which bunnings product can be useful for this particular kind of glass crack.

(Note : I did find similar resources here but the size and shape of the glass crack are different than all of them, hence posting a new query )

PXL_20230109_022040236.jpgPXL_20230109_022051216.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix a glass window crack?

Hello @parth5795

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about glass repair.

Glass repair is tricky at best, looking at the picture it seems that part of the surface of the glass has been chipped off resulting in a concave depression on the glass surface. If that's the case I'm afraid there's nothing we can use to fill this depression that won't be noticeable. However, if it is a deep crack in the glass that has produced this fissure I'm afraid you'll have to use a specialized automotive windscreen repair glue kit. I'm sorry but the store does not carry glass repair kits.

One way to disguise the damage is to cover the glass with Pillar 90cm x 2m Premium Static Solar Frost Window Film. If the repair glue kit or the film are not viable options your only other choice is to have the glass replaced. I suspect it is a stone chip that got flung to the glass while lawn mowing or line trimming.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix a glass window crack?

It's great to see you received some helpful advice from my colleague @EricL.

I also wanted to remind you to wear appropriate PPE when dealing with glass, as it is fragile and can break easily. Although this is only currently a chip, they can have a tendency to progress quickly into cracks and become dangerous. When working with glass, wear safety glasses, gloves, a long-sleeved shirt and pants, and enclosed footwear.

Any repair to glass can be dangerous, and you should consider leaving it to the professionals.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects