Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to close off this section? Door?

emmarobynx
Finding My Feet

How to close off this section? Door?

IMG_2132.jpeg

I need to close off this section of the wall. The entrance is from floor to ceiling - what solutions would be best for this? 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to close off this section? Door?

Hello @emmarobynx 

Thanks for sharing your question about how to close off this section of your wall. It's possible to put a door there and the top section can then be covered with a timber frame and boarded up with plaster. Can you please tell us what is the measurement of the opening? 

I'll be able to tell you if the opening needs to reduced, or if it can be left it as is and you can order a door with a frame to fit the opening.   

Here are some handy step-by-step guides:

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
emmarobynx
Finding My Feet

The entrance is 900 wide and 2450 high 

Hi @emmarobynx,

As @EricL mentioned, you'll be able to use an 820mm door jamb, but it will require some packing to suit your 900mm wide gap. You'll then need to frame out above the door and sheet with plasterboard. The cornice will need to be installed and joints set with tape and compound. To finish, you'll need to install trim work for the door jamb. 

It's quite a large job, were you thinking of D.I.Y.ing it our enlisting the services of a professional?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects