Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to block light around a roller blind?

WGV119
Just Starting Out

How to block light around a roller blind?

I have an existing blockout roller blind in our nursery room. The room is north facing and so let’s in a lot of light around the blind. 
Does Bunnings have bottom and side channels to install/retrofit to my existing blinds? 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to block light around a roller blind?

Hi @WGV119,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's good to have you join us. 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Let me tag our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL to assist. 

Other members like @Renowayoflife@prettyliving and @mich1972 might also like to share their thoughts.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Roller blind side channels

Hello @WGV119 

My apologies for the late reply. Would it be possible for you to post a photo of your current block out blind? From a D.I.Y point of view it's possible to build a timber "L" channel to supress the light that is leaking from the sides. If you have the tools and a little bit of D.I.Y. under your belt, you can put the channel together using timber moulding.

There is also the option of using Brutus 47 x 47 x 4mm 3.0m Angle Building Moulding it can be easily drilled into the windows timber frame. 

If you need a hand posting the pictures, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects