Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I fix blinds that aren't rotating?

androidhaig
Finding My Feet

How do I fix blinds that aren't rotating?

IMG_2219.jpeg

IMG_2220.jpeg

  

Our blinds have recently stopped working - when I pull the draw string it only rotates on one direction and doesn’t go the other way. 

Is there something broken in the mechanism I can replace? How do I get it off the window frame?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I fix blinds that aren't rotating?

Hi @androidhaig,

The internal mechanism is likely broken, but given parts are likely not available, it might be worth considering replacing the blind. There are some budget-friendly options to choose from.

The blind is attached via those two square fittings on either end. You might find screws or catches that retain the blind in them. There is not one universal method of removing these types of blinds, so you'll need to take a close look at those end brackets to determine how they release the blinds. I can't quite see in your image, but there looks to be a little gate latch on the front that runs from the top of the bracket to the bottom and is clipped over the bottom edge. Try popping that latch off the bottom edge of the bracket.

Once you remove the blind and if it has an open top, you should be able to check to see if a part is broken or whether there is some type of jamb in the mechanism.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects