Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Flower wall for daughter's bedroom

Renowayoflife
Becoming a Leader

Flower wall for daughter's bedroom

I'm in the process of creating a beautiful bedroom for my daughter I had this idea that I wanted flowers to be suspended from the ceiling, not like a mobile more like a fountain. I internalised this and ended up with a flower wall. I wanted them to seem like they were suspended in air. I had one pine piece left over from when I made the kids glamping tents

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/EwGZbakQrS0

Materials

Pine

Dulux Rose Gold

Artificial Flowers

Tools

Hot Glue Gun

Ryobi Drill

Steps

Step 1

To create this flower wall I used some leftover pine, cut to the desired length and fishing line. Charlotte is a pink girl and I l Dulux Rose Gold as an accent colour in her room. 

Step 2

Once I cut the pine to size; I primed and sprayed the pine a lovely Rose Gold and pre-drilled holes along the top of the timber; I had originally drilled the holes at 150mm intervals but decided to add a hole in between. 

Step 3

I picked all of my flowers from Bunnings; although I am at Bunnings weekly I had never thought of buying home decor items but I accidentally found myself in the faux floral aisle and found the EXACT flowers I was looking for and they were the perfect colour.

Step 4

It took me a while to get going. It looked pretty bad, to begin with, most projects look terrible before they start to take shape, it’s always hard to pull the ideas out of your head to figure it out.

I was fairly non-committal, to begin with so used painter's tape to stick the fishing line to the top of the frame and then began the process of adding flowers. I wanted it to look full so pulled the leaves off the flowers so I could add them separately.

I realised relatively quickly that I needed some sort of process; after a little trial and error I finally settled on a rhythm and after about an hour of stringing flowers I finally started to like how it was turning out.

I’ll have to finish it in place so will give you an update on the final installation once painting has been completed.

Happy Renovating

Claire 

TT

IG 

Blog

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Flower wall for daughter's bedroom

Wonderful project @Renowayoflife! I'm sure it will look fantastic in your daughter's room, and I can't wait to see the pictures. 

My daughter is four and a half and is due for an update on her room decor. I think I might give something like this a go too. Many thanks for the inspiration.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

thank you @MitchellMc it was so easy to make, I'm sure your daughter would love it.

Super gorgeous flower feature wall @Renowayoflife

I seriously cannot wait to see the full transformation of your daughter's bedroom. Your creativity is very inspiring. 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Aw thanks @KatieC Charlotte is a tough client, she knows what she wants and she's so excited to see it all take shape, as are my other two

thanks Claire

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects