Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Do you need to prime a wall before installing VJ panelling?

rlindsay
Finding My Feet

Do you need to prime a wall before installing VJ panelling?

Hi Everyone,

Looking to get a bit of advice about wall preparation before installing some vj panelling. I am wanting to create a feature wall in one of the bedrooms and living area. In the bedroom I had to replace the plasterboard for the entire wall I want to use panelling on. My question is whether I need to prime the wall prior to installing the panelling? Secondly, should I put the new skirting board over the top of the new panels?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Rik

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Preparation for vj panelling

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @rlindsay. It's marvellous to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing VJ panelling.

Here are the installation guides for EasyCraft wall panels. If you've freshly installed a new plasterboard, then I see no reason to prime it before installing the panelling.

Typically, it would be best to finish the bottom of the panels with a skirting board over the top of it. That way you don't have any exposed edge that shows any deviations in your flooring.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Preparation for vj panelling

Awesome, thanks for that information Mitchell, very helpful! Will save me a bit of extra work now :smile:

Will definately reach out if I have any further questions!

Cheers

Riki

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects