Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you make different colour paint from base white interior Taubmans Pure Performance?

bats0077
Finding My Feet

Can you make different colour paint from base white interior Taubmans Pure Performance?

Hey Members,

Newbie here. I am planning to colour our living room wall sized 2.6m x 2.6m with geometric shape, pretty basic random triangle pattern. I would like to use 4 pastel colours to fill in the patterns. I already have a 10l Taubmans interior paint white coloured.

Are there any pigments or ink concentrate that are sold separately which I can mix with Taubmans paint to get the desired or near to desired colours ? or should I just buy the individual colour tins ? I am under impression individual colour would be over kill for small project.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Prashant

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Can you make different colour paint from base white interior Taubmans Pure Performance?

Hi Prashant (@bats0077)

Welcome to the community. We're pleased to have you join Bunnings Workshop and look forward to seeing how you can transform your living room. Please do share some photos when you are done.

Once you have chosen your colours, I would recommend you simply ask for some sample pots at the Paint Desk of your local Bunnings store. 

All the best,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Can you make different colour paint from base white interior Taubmans Pure Performance?

Thanks Jason, did exactly as you suggested and got the sample paints. Here is what we did.

1. Come up with random geometric pattern on the wall. We wanted thin lines since it was small space so used 12 mm painter tape.

2. Select colours from Bunnings paint shop, we wanted slightly lighter colour but the double quote made it a bit bright. We chose 3, 4 would have been better to randomise the colours

3. Stick some identifier just to give you an idea of what it will look like. Make sure you use all colours equally on the bigger spaces. I went with the logic of colour sequence but realised after painting we didn't have bigger shapes of green in the middle section.

4. Get appropriate size rollers, we used 100mm was a bit annoyance around the shape corners where the space was small. Tried the brush but it left lot of stroke marks and the spread was not even as roller.

PXL_20240301_113449860.jpg

PXL_20240302_120229691.jpg

PXL_20240304_201709693.jpg

PXL_20240309_071157775.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Amazing work @bats0077!

Many thanks for sharing your results.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects