Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bedside drawers restoration

Adam_W
Workshop Legend

Bedside drawers restoration

table.png

I bought my daughter, Amber, a turntable for Christmas (lucky I kept so much of my old vinyl ehhh...) but she couldn't find the right sized table for it for her bedroom.

Op shopping she went and... perfect but pretty sad.

Hit our locals Bunnings for supplies, couple of hours in a garage yesterday afternoon and... still a couple things to touch-up but her first ever resto has come up pretty darn well!

IMG_6598.jpgIMG_4419.jpgIMG_6602.jpgIMG_4426.jpgIMG_6600.jpgIMG_4425.jpg

BoeingFan
Becoming a Leader

Re: Furniture resto :)

Great work @Adam_W  that looks fantastic! I have that very same style of furniture in my place at the moment actually hahahaha. Well done.

Hi @Adam_W 

Great little turn table stand and restoration  love the crystal  draw  knobs.  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

What a lovely transformation, @Adam_W! It's sensational to hear that Amber has completed her first furniture restoration; I'm sure there'll be many more to come. I love the colour choice and the crystal knob.

Thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Very nice @Adam_W !

Very retro! May I ask what brand of turntable you have there?

BoeingFan
Becoming a Leader

@Adam_WMay I ask, how did you get the gold knob detail and the feet to look so fresh?

Hey @BoeingFan , the gold details we used a stiff brush and scrubbed clean with turps before painting with gold spray paint. Finish was fantastic!
The feet I assumed were just plated but turned out they were bronze or something similar. Cleaned the worst of the muck off with painters steel-wool and a little turps and then polished with Brasso. Came up looking mirror finish new!

Thank you so much. As I mentioned, I have cupboards, dressing table, and a tall boy in this same furniture.

Cheers,

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects