Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bedroom makeover using VJ panels

monochromehaus
Growing in Experience

Bedroom makeover using VJ panels

Bedroom Makeover for my daughter using Easy Craft VJ panelling and picture railing.

Steps

Step 1

IMG_0043.jpeg

Measure and Cut panelling to size using your track saw. 

Step 2

Place panelling on wall, connect the panels using the Gorila glue at the joins. The panelling will click into each other. 

Step 3

IMG_0044.jpeg

Once all panelling is on the wall secure with nails. 

Step 4

IMG_0046.jpeg

Punch nails using a nail punch and fill with putty. Once dried sand back in preparation to paint. 

Step 5

IMG_0047.jpeg

tape up wall for Paining :smile: 

Step 6

IMG_0048.jpeg

Use a cutting in brush to cut in and paint the grooves.

Step 7

While the paint is still wet complete the area with a roller. 

IMG_0049.jpeg

Step 8

IMG_0050.jpeg

Place skirting and picture railing on, punch and putty the nails and paint your desired colour. 

Step 9

BEFORE PHOTO: 

IMG_0051.jpeg

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Bedroom makeover using VJ panels

A warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, @monochromehaus! We're so excited to have you join us and we hope you find this a fantastic resource for inspiring D.I.Y. ideas and useful advice for your home improvement and garden projects. 

Your bedroom makeover is simply beautiful. You've turned a plain bedroom into a stylish and relaxing space which I'm sure your daughter will love. Personally loving your choice of paint colour and your styling. Any tips on painting VJ panels for a nice finish?

Projects like yours often get recognised in our Top Ideas articles like 10 ways to update your bedroom and I won't be surprised to see your project in a similar list one day.

Congratulations on a terrific project once again and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work. 

Akanksha 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

What a beautiful girls room !! Also love the chests next to the bed 💕

Romarlie
Growing in Experience

I loved your daughter's bedroom makeover the wallpaper was a nice touch too.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Romarlie 

Let me tag @monochromehaus to make them aware of your kind words. I totally agree that the bedroom makeover was just awesome. It's amazing how a bit of Easycraft 9 x 2400 x 1200mm easyVJ100 Primed General Purpose Wall Lining MR MDF E0 can transform the entire look of the room. A bit of wallpaper certainly adds character to the entire scene.

If you're planning something similar, please don't forget to post an update. I'm sure our members would be keen to see how you'll transform your room with EasyVJ panels.

Eric

Ash916
Just Starting Out

Great job on your girls room. Want to try something similar based on how good yours came out. Just wondering what skirting/trim you used on top of the VJ panels? Again, great job.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Ash916 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us.

Let me tag @monochromehaus to make them aware of your kind words and question. Looking at the photo it seems very similar to the Porta 92 x 18mm 2.7m Half Splay Primed Pine Moulding

Since you are planning a similar project, please don't forget to post an update. I'm sure our members would be keen to see how you'll be doing your bedroom makeover. 

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

daniknight4
Becoming a Leader

So pretty and such a gorgeous pink 🌸 would love to try this💕

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects