Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Subway backsplash transformation

OurQlderReno
Finding My Feet

Subway backsplash transformation

I had to share our weekend DIY. It transformed our kitchen by just doing the backsplash. 

We did it ourselves, my hubby was cutting all the tiles while I laid them and I found it super easy and an exciting process seeing it come together. 

Eventually we will change out hardware and bench tops but for now I’m so inlove with how just the backsplash transformed our kitchen.

We will be renovating our Queenslander one DIY at a time. 🙏🏼

A3621F30-DF47-4D38-A62E-0F6C85075E4A.jpeg

B54A4EE8-22CF-4E87-90AA-275C5E52CFC2.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Subway backsplash transformation

Hello @OurQlderReno

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your splashback project. 

The tile layout looks perfect and the colour you've chosen is just gorgeous. The contrast between your green windows is just eye catching. Can you please tell us the name of the tile that you used? Did you do the entire project over a weekend, or did you do it day by day on your free time? 

I highly recommend sealing it with Selleys 125g White For Life Grout Sealer. This will penetrate the grout and seal it which effectively locks out water, soil, mould and oil-based stains.

Again, thank you for sharing such a wonderful project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Subway backsplash transformation

Hi Eric, 

Thanks for the lovely comment.

I’m so glad we didn’t end up going with the white tile. The blue brings such a beautiful feel in there. 

We went with the betile 76x306x8mm in the blue grey colour. 
We went with a 3mm grout gap. 

We did the project over 2 afternoons on the weekend. Started between 3-4pm each day. It really didn’t take long at all. We removed the old splash back, prepped the wall, laid the tiles then left them until the next afternoon to grout. 

Thank you for that recommendation on the grout sealer! I will definitely get some of that. 

Jamie 🙏🏼

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects