Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Soft close door with Hettich hinges wont close

JJ87
Just Starting Out

Soft close door with Hettich hinges wont close

32221C5B-0FD4-49C2-80FF-B5FAA95CE88E.jpeg

F2707EEE-4ED9-4C9B-845C-916BE049FAF5.jpeg

my soft close door wont close. i have hettich hinges. they start to close then stop before it's fully closed.

is there anyway to adjust the closing speed of the hinge?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Soft close door with Hettich hinges wont close

Hello @JJ87

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your Hettich hinges.

In order for us to give you a more comprehensive recommendation, would it be possible for you to post a few pictures of the hinges and how your door looks when closed and when it is open? There are options on how to adjust the Hettich hinges but it would be better to see how it is currently installed.

If you need a hand posting the images, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JJ87
Just Starting Out

See attached photos. The door doesn’t close all the way. I need to push it to close completely 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @JJ87

Thank you for posting those photos of the hinges and your door. Have you made any attempt to adjust the screws that are on the hinge itself? You'll notice that on the hinge assembly there is a Philips screw head at the very back of the hinge. This controls the forward and backwards position of the body of the hinge. 

Your goal is to move the hinge far enough forward so that there is a gap between the body of the cabinet and the door. If the door is too close, it catches on the leading edge of the cabinet and prevents it from properly closing. You'll need to adjust both hinges on the side of the door.

However, if after the adjustments the hinges still refuse to close the door properly, it is quite probable that they need replacing. I've placed an image below to give you an idea of how to adjust the hinge.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects