Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Pull out storage to utilise space next to fridge

DIYology
Having an Impact

Pull out storage to utilise space next to fridge

4305AD15-5669-45E5-80A3-53A379BBA6D3.jpeg

160CE073-4B17-4FE8-BC6A-CA3B0F9A7CE5.jpeg

Pull out options for small cabinets that are otherwise unusable gave me the idea to utilise the space next to my fridge in this way. 

Its really handy and tucks away nicely and seamlessly when not in use. 

Made it with some pine, dowel, some screws, runners, paint and a spare handle. 

Community manager's note: As this project has been incredibly popular with members, @MitchellMc has created a step-by-step guide with a full list of tools and materials so you can easily build your own. Check it out here - How to build a slimline spice rack.

** Currently employed @ Bunnings however my posts, ideas, projects, views & opinions are my own personal & not Bunnings **
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Pull out storage to utilise space next to fridge

Love this. Well done @DIYology. I'm sure it will inspire many Workshop members.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
yarrawarra
Growing in Experience

Hi, @DIYology - did you put small wheels on the bottom of your pull-out spice rack, please?
Stuardo
Becoming a Leader

Hi DIYology ,

That's what I love about this site, so many great, useful ideas. Your idea is simple and brilliant, (simply brilliant).

I wonder how many of us read your post and went to look at the gap beside their fridge, I did and I'll add this to my

future project list. Thanks for the inspiration.

Maree1
Cultivating a Following

This is exactly what Im looking for in the Bunnings catalogue - can I buy one anywhere?
Maree1
Cultivating a Following

Just moved into a small unit and have a gap next to my fridge. I was browsing the Bunnings catalouge looking for this exact storage solution :smile: Please tell me Im able to buy something like this as Im not a DYI anymore - health reasons :unhappy:

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

@Maree1 

Just a suggestion, but you could try posting on Airtasker and seeing if someone might make it for you. You can set your own budget - perhaps @DIYology might be able to

help suggest an approximate cost of the materials he used and how long in hours it took him to build...

SammyE
Cultivating a Following

WOW! what a great idea! Tnx for sharing.

Maree1
Cultivating a Following

Wow Im learning stuff tonight :smile: I joined Airtasker - what an interesting site. I do hope I get some offers to build me a pullout shelf for the space next to my fridge it will make life so much easier :smile: Im not sure how Im suppose to @DIYology - do i just press @DIYology and ask a question?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Maree1,

Let me extend an overdue welcome to the Workshop community. We're really pleased you could join us and have been so enthusiastically jumping into the discussions across the site. It's great to see you have already got some inspiration and helpful information from our clever and creative members. I'm sure there will be plenty more to come! 

Can you please clarify what you need help with? I'm sorry but I didn't understand your final comment in your most recent post. I'm happy to help if I can. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects