Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Mondella Stainless Steel Resonance Vege Spray Sink Mixer dripping from the spray/stream button

jlkc
Finding My Feet

Mondella Stainless Steel Resonance Vege Spray Sink Mixer dripping from the spray/stream button

our Mondella WELS 5 Star 6L/min 35mm Stainless Steel Resonance Side Pin Lever Vege Spray Sink Mixer has started dripping just after we turn it off but also, when it is on, it leaks (ie flows) from the button on the nozzle that toggles from spray to stream - we usually have it on stream but it makes no difference, it leaks on either setting. 

Is this something I can fix - maybe a spring or washer in there (from what I've seen I can't undo the nozzle end) or is this a replacement situation?  Happy to call in a plumber but would rather know if I need to have a new tap handy for installation first.

leaks from the switch when on, drips after turning off but only for a few secondsleaks from the switch when on, drips after turning off but only for a few seconds

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Mondella Stainless Steel Resonance Vege Spray Sink Mixer dripping from the spray/stream button

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jlkc. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about your Mondella tap.

I suspect that the tap will need to be replaced as I don't believe there are serviceable parts within the nozzle. I would suggest you speak with the Plumbing Expert at your local store to discuss the warranty claim process. If you bring your proof of purchase they'll be able to provide details on how to go about having the tap replaced under warranty. You could have a plumber do this for you, though going through Mondella might be a better option as they could replace it free of charge.

If you do go through a plumber, it would be best to have a replacement tap on hand. If it's not needed you can return it to the store for a refund.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Mondella Stainless Steel Resonance Vege Spray Sink Mixer dripping from the spray/stream button

Thank you so much - this has saved me calling in a plumber to check it and then back again to replace it.  I have purchased the new tap from Bunnings Bankstown this week (the same tap, as I actually love it's classic style plus our house is on the market and it was featured in the sales video like bling it was so shiny as you can see from the photo I submitted).  I'm waiting for a plumber to replace it and then I'll bring the faulty one back as per the warranty instructions.  Thanks for reminding me about the warranty - I'd forgotten that Mondella have a whopping 10 year warranty, so looks like I'll be using it's replacement/fix for our new home!  Another bonus!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects