Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to use brackets for 2 x 31L Kaboodle Pullout Bin?

ashleasmith
Growing in Experience

How to use brackets for 2 x 31L Kaboodle Pullout Bin?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi everyone,

Hoping for some help!

I have purchased the 2 x 31L pullout bins by Kaboodle, and am at a complete loss as to how to use these additional black plastic brackets that came included.

On the instructions it says they may be needed if not using a Kaboodle cabinet, which I’m not - I just have no idea how they’re supposed to be used?

Help!

Ash

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to use brackets for 2 x 31L Kaboodle Pullout Bin?

Hello @ashleasmith 

The Kaboodle pull out bin W50531 has been specifically designed to fit the 450mm base cabinet. This is an outstanding and easy to use bin. It's so easy to install that kitchen owners that don't have Kaboodle cabinets want to install it into their own cabinetry. 

The black brackets are used as spacers for the bin's drawer runners. They are included in the kit as an extra for those customers who wish to install the bin in a bigger cabinet. Technically if you have a Kaboodle cabinet these brackets are not needed. You'll be able to see it in the Kaboodle bin installation process which I've placed a link below.   

So, there is no need to worry if these black brackets are not used. But if you are a parts hoarder like me it's going to land into the spares box of mystery. You never know when it will come in handy.

2x31L side mount pullout bin installation

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ashleasmith
Growing in Experience

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the link to the video, but this doesn’t show exactly how to use the extra brackets?

My cabinet is slightly larger so I need to use them, but I have no idea how they attach or are used to fill the additional space?

Ashlea

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @ashleasmith 

The brackets are attached to the side of the cabinet, but before you attach it, I suggest measuring the gap first to make sure that it is compatible. Sometimes the gap is bigger, and it will be necessary to use timber to take up the slack.

Another item that you'll need to get are the screws, these will depend on the thickness of your cabinet. The brackets are not guaranteed to fill all the gaps. I've placed an image below to give you an idea of how it is attached. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ashleasmith
Growing in Experience

Ah amazing, this is what I couldn’t envisage :smile: thank you!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects