Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to restore a kitchen stool?

Leahanne
Growing in Experience

How to restore a kitchen stool?

This is my dearly departed grandmother's kitchen stool. She passed away 17 years ago and since then  my mother has had the stool outside. Mum is down sizing so she gave it to me. I want to restore it but I have no idea how to do that. Can anybody help with some ideas please ?Nan's chairNan's chairrust holesrust holesmore rust  holesmore rust holes

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: How to restore a kitchen stool?

Morning @Leahanne 

:surprised: Yeah Id have tears of joy as well! :smile: They have really done anice job bringing that back :smile: Are you going to go for the original colours you remember or with something a little different?

Dave

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

What a great job @Leahanne. I'm so pleased that you could find assistance with your project; they've done a wonderful job.

I can't wait to see your finished result!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Leahanne
Growing in Experience

Hi Dave, 

I'm going to do the original colours that my grandmother had it in. She would be happy with the result.

Leahanne.

Leahanne
Growing in Experience

Hi Mitchell,

I think my grandmother would be pleased with the result so far. I will definitely post the end results.

Leahanne.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Leahanne 

That chair looks wonderful and will probably look amazing once you've applied paint to it. They've really done an excellent job in repairing the seat.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing the chair fully painted and ready for use.

Eric    

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects