Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace a wooden benchtop?

tarra
Just Starting Out

How to replace a wooden benchtop?

I want to replace the wooden benchtop of two cabinets in my kitchen. They are separate (not connected). I would like to buy wood from bunnings and i know they cut to size but (i am a beginner so forgive me if this is a dumb question) not sure if they are able to drill the other holes that connect to the base of the cabinet to the bench top? 

I would also like to get a small hole cut on one of the bench tops for cables to come through. Do they offer a service like this in store? or will i need to purchase tools and cut the hole myself?

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to replace a wooden benchtop

Hi @tarra,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it's fantastic to have you with us.

Unfortunately, Bunnings do not offer pre-drilling services like you have described, therefore you would have to purchase some tools yourself. 

I would suggest you will need to purchase a drill such as the Ozito PXC 18V Cordless Drill Driver Kit PXDDK-250C, and a drill bit set such as Ryobi 40-Piece Specialty Metric Drill and Drive Set. This drill bit set includes a 25mm spade bit which can be used to cut out the small hole for cabling, but please note this is designed for rough removal and will give you a good-sized hole for cables to come through, but it will not be particularly clean. If you want a nice clean hole, additionally, you should look at the Craftright 16 Piece Holesaw Set.

If you need any further advice, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects