Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair cupboard?

Malik
Just Starting Out

How to repair cupboard?

My agent has given me a quote of 1000 AUD $ for fixing the kitchen cabinet. I am sure its not wood its some other material that I don't know.

Can someone please help me how can I fix my it .
1 - is on dispenser outside small issue

2- other is side wall at outer side of cupboard (has multiples holes/ gouges)

1st Issue is below

Issue 1Issue 1

Issue 1Issue 1

2nd issue is below

Issue 2Issue 2Issue 2Issue 2Issue 2Issue 2Issue 2Issue 2Issue 2Issue 2

Malik_0-1673513618090.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair cupboard?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Malik. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repairing cabinetry.

I suspect the quote you've been given is to replace the doors completely, as there is no really effective fix for this type of damage due to the patterned timber. Any repair would be quite noticeable. 

As it will affect the suggestions our helpful members provide, do you own this property, or are you a tenant renting it? If you own the property, you could possibly touch up the damage with similarly coloured paint to the door skin, so it's less noticeable. This won't be a great fix, but it could help hide the damage to a certain extent.

In answer to your question, it appears to be a print over MDF inner coat, something similar to this Melamine Drift Wood 2400mm x 1200mm x 3mm. If these are 16mm panels, we also have 1800 x 595mm 16mm Melamine Drift Wood.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to repair cupboard?

How did you get on with your doors @Malik ?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects