Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fit a huge drawer

teach
Getting Established

How to fit a huge drawer

The 800mm deep 500x 500 waste 'drawer' was just too hard to fit onto the push to open runners...my final solution was to cut off the bottom of the drawer ! 

Fit the runners to the 80mm deep bottom part ( now just a tray)...get it right...slide it in, check it worked...tick... and then fit the top back in place using the small wedges of ply glued in place inside the bottom walls of that section of the drawer. Yes the neat sawcut shows but it will be taped over

and a false front goes on anyway. It works a treat. Job done.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fit a huge drawer

Hello @teach 

Is this part of your tips on installing soft close drawers? If it isn't, would it be possible for you to post a photo of your drawer and its final configuration? I'm sure our members would be keen to see how you've installed it.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
teach
Getting Established

Re: How to fit a huge drawer

Hello Eric. I changed from soft close to push to open runners. The finished 'boxlike' drawer enables storage

of cleaning items beneath, and waste bins above on a tray. The finishedhuge 1.JPGhuge 2.JPGhuge 3.JPGhuge 4.JPG unit 

can be dismantled with ease.

I trust the four images will help. I think this method could apply to any very large drawer, especially

when working alone.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects