Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix leaking dishwasher drainage pipe?

Mohammad_Imran
Just Starting Out

How to fix leaking dishwasher drainage pipe?

Hi, we did a kitchen renovation and installed a dishwasher. Whenever we use the dishwasher the drainage pipe leaks and makes a mess everywhere. The black pipe is the dishwashers drain pipe.

20231117_173037.jpg

20231117_173010.jpg

20231117_173003.jpg

  

Is there anything we can do to fix this?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Leaking dishwasher drainage pipe

Hello @Mohammad_Imran 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your dishwasher outlet.

I'm sorry to hear that your dishwasher outlet hose is not sealing properly. I propose removing the hose clamp and inspecting if the end of the hose has been damaged. Looking at the picture you posted was the end of the hose cut in order to make it shorter? 

If the hose has not been cut and has its original end on it, it's possible that the hose clamp is not sitting properly. I recommend positioning it so that it is straight and then tightening it again.

However, if the hose has been cut, I'm afraid you'll need to replace it as the end of the dishwasher hose has a very specific end designed to go onto the exit nipple of the drain. There are several types of dishwasher hoses, I suggest visiting your local store and see which one is compatible with your unit.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects