Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to choose sealer for painting concrete tabletop?

sash12
Just Starting Out

How to choose sealer for painting concrete tabletop?

Hi, I’ve painted my concrete dining table top with a paint and was wondering which sealer should I use.. any suggestions please?

image.jpg

image.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: concrete table top paint

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @sash12. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about sealing paint.

If you could let our helpful members know what paint you used on the tabletop, that would be helpful for them when providing solutions. There are not many clearcoats designed to go over paint, so it's important for us to know what paint you used when determining a compatible sealer.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell for response. I’m attaching a pic of the paint I have used. Hope it helps otherwise let me know pls.

IMG_6804.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Many thanks for those details, @sash12.

That's a sample pot of wall paint that, by nature, is extremely soft and unsuitable for your project. In regards to clear protectant coats, there's nothing specifically designed to go over it for protection. However, Cabot's Cabothane Clear Waterbased can be used over a previously coated surface. Their definition of "previously coated surface" is likely not wall paint over concrete, but it would be worth a go when the alternative is to live for the soft coating on a working surface. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects