Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to dispose of fake stone benchtop?

fort
Just Starting Out

How to dispose of fake stone benchtop?

Hi. I'd like to know if there is a way to dispose a fake stone benchtop  whitout break it.

Thank you

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to dispose of fake stone benchtop?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @fort. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about disposing of a benchtop.

You might like to post a few pictures of the benchtop so our helpful members have a better idea of what you're dealing with. Let me know if you need a hand uploading images.

Were you more interested in how to remove a stone benchtop without breaking it or how to dispose of it? The benchtop is more likely to break in the removal process, especially if it has been adhered to the cabinets beneath. The number of cutouts for sinks and appliances will also dictate the chance of breaking, as they are weak points. Provided you take your time and have a few friends able to assist and support the load evenly whilst removing, you'll limit the chance of breaking. Make sure to cut through any adhesive connecting it to the cabinets before attempting to shift the bench.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects