Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect a De'Longhi dishwasher?

alicia00
Just Starting Out

How to connect a De'Longhi dishwasher?

Hi team. I am trying to connect a de longhi dishwasher. I think the inlet is bigger than the tap it's trying to attach to. How do I know for sure (it won't screw on which was my biggest hint but it's also a pretty difficult angle so maybe that). And if so, is there thing as an adaptor to step down a tiny amount? 

IMG_5207.jpeg

IMG_5208.jpeg

  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: dishwasher connection

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @alicia00. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about connecting a dishwasher.

There are normally two different sizes of taps and connections, a 15mm and a 20mm. We don't have a standalone 20mm tap, but this Kinetic 15 x 20mm Chrome Plated Double Mini Cistern Cock has both sizes on it. So, if your inlet pipe is larger than the tap, that would suggest to me that it's 20mm and the tap is 15mm. This Brasshards 20 x 15mm Brass Threaded Hex Reducing Bush would increase the size of the tap thread to 20mm to suit your inlet pipe. Alternatively, you can have a plumber change over the tap to have the dual sizing.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects