Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build pantry shelving?

Neen
Growing in Experience

How to build pantry shelving?

I am building shelving for my walk-in pantry. Which is better to use for framing the shelving 40mm x 18mm oak or pine. 

Merry Christmas 

Neen

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to build pantry shelving?

Many thanks for your question, @Neen. Apologies for the delay in responding. 

Are you able to provide photos of your walk-in pantry? This will help our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL and other members to get an idea of the layout and its size, enabling them to provide more tailored suggestions. 

In case you haven't, I also recommend checking out 8 pantry ideas. This collection includes terrific pantry projects shared by other members that you might find inspiring and useful for your own pantry.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to build pantry shelving?

Hello @Neen 

My apologies for the late reply. Pine is very versatile and can be used for a great number of D.I.Y. projects including shelves. But if you are referring to Tasmanian Oak, it is a premium hardwood timber and comes in a few varieties. If you wish to display the type of wood being used for shelving, then Tasmanian Oak would be a good choice. But if you are painting the shelves and are after an economical way to build them you can't go wrong with pine.    

However, we would still like to see the pantry space you are working with. This will give our members a chance to assess the area. We can then make recommendations on possible shelving configurations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects