Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Filler recommendation for kitchen bench joint gaps

dlh
Just Starting Out

Filler recommendation for kitchen bench joint gaps

We have a couple of gaps betweenjoints in our engineered stone kitchen benchtop due to movement in the house over the years. Any suggestions on the type of filler and process for applying would be much appreciated.

PXL_20230302_034746402.jpg

PXL_20230302_034751315.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Filler recommendation for kitchen bench joint gaps

Hello @dlh 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your stone benchtop.

My first recommendation is to contact the stone manufacturer and see if they have a stone joint filler kit. Sometimes the manufacturer will leave their details under the stone itself. If there is no timber cover under your benchtop the details might be there.

I usually recommend using PC-11 56g White Epoxy Paste, but in this instance the benchtop is too white, and the epoxy paste will be very noticeable. Matching stone filler colour is an involved task and unless you have the tools and training, you won't get a proper match. I propose getting a quote from a stone repair professional so that you'll have an idea of how much the repair will cost.

The good part of a professional repair is that the repair job will be under warranty, and you'll be able to see the filling materials the professional's use. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects