Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Epoxy resin coated timber kitchen cupboards

Carmel1955
Having an Impact

Hello again...

Cupboards had originally been painted with a gloss white.

I have been experimenting  with epoxy resin cutting boards etc and became quiet obsessed!!

Why not have a go on the cupboard doors!!  Considered replacing with new Kaboodle doors but the sizes etc were all wrong for this 1990's kitchen.

Used table top epoxy resin which can be poured a little thicker to fill in the profile of the doors first.

Then top coated with another layer of epoxy with a white pigment paste added .  Have used approximately $300 - $400 of epoxy.

These doors needed quiet a bit of epoxy to fill the profile...have covered old MDF cupboards in the bathroom and a much easier job...that's for another post

Apparently equal to 30 coats of varnish!   Very hard wearing and glossy and easy to clean.  Happy at this stage ...may attempt benchtop eventually ...but that is a much bigger job.

If attempting do start off with smaller project until you get a feel for the epoxy.

20231218_151543.jpg

20231218_151446.jpg

20231218_151502.jpg

resin coated cover boards for old jennair stovetop...loving the gloss black

20231218_151517.jpg

20231218_151820.jpg

20231218_151323.jpg

original profile of door...obviously a couple still to go!

original kitchen ....had a few makeovers since I moved in in Nov 21original kitchen ....had a few makeovers since I moved in in Nov 21

original kitchen ...has had a few makeovers since we moved in in Nov 21

20231218_151606.jpg

projectmumdanni
Making a Splash

Re: Epoxy resin coated timber kitchen cupboards

Looks great 👍 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Epoxy resin coated timber kitchen cupboards

A dramatic transformation compared to the original kitchen. Well done and many thanks for sharing your handiwork @Carmel1955

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects