Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Dining table refresh

Karl92
Growing in Experience

Dining table refresh

Had a dining table with a fair few oil stains on it. Was still in great condition even after 8 years. Unfortunately the colour didn't match the floor in a new home, so decided to give it a refresh. 

It was my first time doing  project like this, so tried to keep it simple. 

Sanded it back with 180 grit paper and then again with 220 grit paper. After that used Cabot's stain and varnish in honey. 2 coats and the colour was achieved. Then gave it one coat of Cabot's clear polyurethane. Also did the chair legs too, 16 sides per chair...what a pain.

Pretty happy with my first attempt at a job like this. Now keen to do a few more pieces. 

20240116_190230.jpg20240117_155330.jpgThat was the original colour of the dining tableThat was the original colour of the dining table20240119_193700.jpg

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Dining table refresh

Nice  job  @Karl92 

Fits in with your floor and chair.

If you still have those used sanding disks they are handy now for finer sanding or a quick pick up for some hand sand as some time on a  new project you find you/I missed an  edge here or there.

Love to see your next  project. Too :smile: 

Thanks for the kind words @Jewelleryrescue 

Welllll I kind of threw them out 🤪. But good to know for the next time. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Love it @Karl92! What a wonderful transformation, and the colour choice is just perfect.

Many thanks for sharing your project and results with us.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Nailbag
Making a Splash

Very impressive . . .  I see you invested heavily in replacement sanding discs 🙄

Karl92
Growing in Experience

Bit overboard I suppose 🤣🤣

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects