Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Dining room table restoration

cjruedin
Getting Established

Dining room table restoration

Simple D.I.Y dining room revamp to brighten up our dining room space 

Steps

Step 1

Sanded back table and chairs to remove clear coat and imperfections 

Step 2

Used liming white on table top and then clear vanish and painting the chairs and legs white.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Dining room table restoration

Hello @cjruedin, 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your dining room table restoration.

Your table revamp looks outstanding. The natural finish you've chosen for the table really compliments the white colour you've put on the table body and chairs. It blends in so well with your room and flooring and gives it a nice Hampton feel. How many coats of liming white did you apply to the tabletop? Did you run into any difficulties when painting the chairs?

Again. thank you for sharing your marvellous dining table revamp.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
cjruedin
Getting Established

Re: Dining room table restoration

Hi Eric thanks so much for your kind words. I only used one coat of liming white. I applied it using a cloth in circular motions. The chairs and table base needed three coats of white paint. They were quite easy to paint as I was able to remove the entire cushions from the chairs and use the ozito spray gun to paint them :smile: 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects