Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Why are my pop-up sprinklers not working?

izzysedg
Finding My Feet

Why are my pop-up sprinklers not working?

Hello!

I have lived in this house for a while and the backyard has an underground sprinkler system with pop-up sprinklers. They are quite small and don’t pop-up. I tried replacing them with the K-RAIN Gear Drive pop up’s but they did not work. I then tried the Holman ones which also didn’t work. Starting to think the issue isn’t the pop ups and rather something else. 

Any ideas? Also which pop up sprinkler is best for a small lawn- approx 6mx4m 

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Pop-up sprinklers not working

Hi @izzysedg 

All those  sprinklers should  work in such a small area.

The issue is you arnt getting enough water pressure to operate them.

I would take  out the pop ups  one at a time and try flush the lines of dirt possibly.

An also check your taps fully on at the street and garden tap as a guide.

Some time those systems have an inline filter  Acylinder  with threads  both ends try find ing and cleaning that to.

If no water coming to sprinkler  look for cuts into the line  or  bubbling  ground wet spots might lead you to the cause or  your  sprinklers not operating.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Pop-up sprinklers not working

Some great advice there from @Jewelleryrescue, @izzysedg.

First, remove the popups and check that water flows adequately to all their ports. If not even one has the ability to pop up, then I suspect the water flow is nowhere near adequate, and there must be a blockage or valve in the line preventing water from flowing to the popups. Please remove at least one and let us know if water comes out of the port when the tap is on.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects