Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

White fungus on rose bush

MYC
Building a Reputation

White fungus on rose bush

I saw the white 'fungus'? on the soil of my rose.  Would tge wet weather with too much rain caused it? What should I do? Should I scrap off those white things? See photo.

1000002194.jpg

1000002195.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: white things on soil of my rose bush

Hello @MYC

Thank you for sharing your question about your rose bush. You are correct, the fungus on your rose bush is caused by excess wet weather conditions. If you look closely at your rose you'll see that the leaves are starting to get rust spots in the middle of the leaves. This is an indication that the rose has been infected with a rust fungal infection. 

I suggest using Yates 200ml Liquid Copper Fungicide, it is a broad-spectrum fungicide, that is suitable for use on fruit, vegetables and ornamentals, for controlling leaf curl, leaf spots, blights, downy mildew and many more fungal diseases. Please make sure to follow the application instructions on the back of the container.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MYC
Building a Reputation

Re: White fungus on rose bush

Many thanks Eric.  I am desperately waiting for the wet, cold and windy to stop before I can fix any problem.

At the meantime, I have prepared that Yates Liquid Copper Fungicide, just hope the dry weather comes soon. 

Will let you know how I progress and save my roses.  Thanks.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects