Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to treat a sick hydrangea?

amandavaughan71
Just Starting Out

How to treat a sick hydrangea?

Anyone know what’s wrong with my hydrangea plant 

IMG_6823.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: sick hydrangea

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @amandavaughan71. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about Hydrangea care.

Identifying any issue from a single leaf would be difficult for our members. Do all the leaves look the same, or is this an isolated occurrence? If it's a single leaf, I wouldn't be concerned.

Yellowing leaves on a Hydrangea can be due to several reasons. Lack of water, nutrient deficiencies, pests and diseases, and too much direct sunlight can all contribute to the issue. You might like to read through these helpful guides: How to diagnose a sick plant and How to grow and care for Hydrangea.

Hydrangeas like a good feeding. When did you last apply fertiliser, compost or manure to the plant?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Grub80
Making a Splash

Re: How to treat a sick hydrangea?

Hi @amandavaughan71  as much says if it’s one or two leaves then usually water is the culprit. As the name suggests hydrangeas need water. However yellowing of leaves is a sign of lack of nutrients. I feed our hydrangeas with black marvel rose food. The hydrangeas really respond well to this. I have also had yellowing of leaves this spring, and feed them with iron chelates. Worked wonders. Good luck with your hydrangeas, they are such a gorgeous plant and flower 

image.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects