Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to transfer a rose to a new pot?

NS1
Just Starting Out

How to transfer a rose to a new pot?

I am going to transfer rose plant to one pot to another for that I am going use  Scott's osmocote rose gardenia and Azalea premium potting mix

So my question is  during planting do I need to add any fertilizer or compost or both in this potting mix?

And also give me care advice after planting it? 

One more question is can I use same potting mix for Marigold plant?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to transfer a rose to a new pot?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @NS1. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about re-potting a rose.

Here are a couple of helpful step-by-step guides: How to grow roses in pots with Scotts Osmocote and How to grow and care for roses. Also, I've included a video below on How to repot a plant.

There is no need to add fertiliser or compost to your Scotts Osmocote 25L Rose Gardenia And Azalea Premium Potting Mix as it contains enough fertiliser for the next six months. However, you could add some Seasol to reduce transplanting stress and help the fine roots recover. Next Spring, you'd need to add some Scotts Osmocote 500g Roses, Gardenias, Azaleas And Camellias Controlled Release Fertiliser

After replanting, I'd recommend you move the rose to a somewhat sheltered spot out of the direct midday and afternoon sun to recover. They are best repotted in early spring or winter when they are dormant. After a couple of weeks, you can move it to the preferred location.

The Scotts Osmocote 25L Rose Gardenia And Azalea Premium Potting Mix is specially formulated to suit plants that enjoy acidic soil conditions. Marigolds are tolerant of many soil conditions, including slightly acidic soil, so they should be fine to plant in this mix, too. However, they would prefer a general-purpose mix such as Scotts Osmocote 25L Premium Potting Mix.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects