Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to stop weeds?

mk1
Cultivating a Following

How to stop weeds?

Hi All,

Moved to his house 2 months back. The garden in backyard has become a  weedyard. Can anyone please advise what anti weed to use. Also please advise if the anti weed can be dangerous for the plant/trees if I spray the weeds around them.

thanks,

Measum 

image.jpg

image.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to stop weeds?

Hi @mk1 

To tackle any weeds in your lawn, I recommend using a selective weeder like Amgrow 250ml Bin-Die Selective Lawn Weeder. This product is safe to use on most grass types, including Buffalo, Couch Grass, Bent, Kikuyu, Paspalum, Red Fescue and Rye Grasses. It effectively kills a range of broadleaf weeds like bindii, catsear, clover, creeping oxalis, cudweed, dandelion, plain thistle, and others.

However, if there are still some stubborn weeds remaining, I recommend using a glyphosate-based product like Yates Zero weedkiller concentrate. Dilute the concentrate and apply it with a Yates Zero Weeding Herbicide Applicator Brush, carefully painted onto the remaining weeds to avoid any misting onto the surrounding grass that may also kill them.

Allow these products to take full effect for at least a week before removing the weeds. Any remaining weeds after spraying will need to be manually removed. 

I recommend removing the weeds near the trees manually. I don't recommend spraying near them as the weed killer might affect the health of the trees.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to weed your lawn

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects