Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to stop water leaking from Nylex hose and spray gun?

ArunM
Cultivating a Following

How to stop water leaking from Nylex hose and spray gun?

Hello,

I do not have much expertise with garden accessories so excuse my ignorance.

I recently bought a nylex 12 mm hose with nylex rethink spray connector and tried using them but the water just leaks as shown in the image.

Are both of these just incompatible or am I doing something wrong.

Thank you for helping.

ArunThe hose that I gotThe hose that I gotThe spray gunThe spray gunWhats going on ?Whats going on ?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to stop water leaking from Nylex hose and spray gun?

Hello @ArunM 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your Nylex hose fittings.

Looking at the third photo where you have the hose connector and the hose gun joined together, it seems that the locking sleeve is not in its locked position. The locking sleeve is the white and black part with the word Nylex printed on it. It's supposed to be at the same level as the internal sleeve of the hose connector.

I recommend pushing the end of the hose gun deeper into the hose connector so that locking sleeve locks into place thereby preventing water from escaping.  However, if the gun refuses to go deeper into the lock, you'll need to either exchange the garden hose gun or perhaps try a different brand.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects