Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to set up a water feature?

ren77
Just Starting Out

How to set up a water feature?

Hi community. I have just purchased a propert and have a beautiful courtyard just waiting to be shown some love! I would really like to feature a water feature in there with a little fountain and some fish but not sure how to go about it. Any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated! I would like to use a pot of some sort. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to set up a water feature?

Hi @ren77,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We trust you'll get loads of inspirational ideas from our clever and creative members, as well as plenty of advice and support along the way.

Experienced Workshop community member Adam has put together a step-by-step guide to creating a pond in a pot that sounds like a great place to start for your projectAdam also built this raised water feature with built-in seating – along with a video tutorial showing how he did it. There's also the step-by-step guide How to install a garden pond, while the Bunnings team has shared How to create a water feature. Please have a read and then let us know if you have any specific questions. Perhaps you might like to create a sketch of what you have planned and share a photo or two of your area so members can see what you are working with and provide more specific advice.

Hope that helps get you started.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Setting up a Water Festure

Hello @ren77

Thanks for sharing your question about setting up your own water feature in the garden. Have you had a think about how big you want your water feature to be? Is there a powerpoint nearby that you can plug into or are you going solar? These are just a few things you might want to think about while planning your water feature. A picture of the area would definitely help our members have a better idea of your garden layout. We can then make recommendations on the best way to set it up.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects