Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair a greenhouse?

ShannyH96
Finding My Feet

How to repair a greenhouse?

Hi All, 

We have a garden that hasn't really had any attention in a few years, As a result it's a bit of a mess and I've started the project to give it a good clean and a new life. 

We have a large green house that is made of the foggy plastic and a green metal frame. Over the years it has lost a couple of panels due to wind and has a bunch of moss that needs a good clean. Any suggestions on how I can replace/patch the panels and clean off the moss? Hoping to be able to repair it instead of replacing it :smile:

Thanks!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Greenhouse repair

Hello @ShannyH96 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your green house.

It sounds like you've got some spring activities well under way. To give our members a better idea of what your greenhouse looks like, would it be possible for you to post a few photos? We can then assess the damage and make recommendations on possible repair steps you can take.

If you would like assistance with your garden, please include a few photos of it as well. We'll be more than happy to provide advice and information. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

IMG_2897.jpeg

IMG_2893.jpeg

IMG_2894.jpeg

IMG_2895.jpeg

     

Thanks Eric! Apologies for the delay I didn’t get home until late last night - I’ve attached a couple of photos of the garden and the green house.

I have the second door just need to reattach it :smile: 

IMG_2896.jpeg

Hi @ShannyH96,

Hot houses are typically constructed with twin-wall polycarbonate sheeting. We have several varieties available, and if they happened to be the correct thickness, it might just be a case of cutting them to size and installing them. Take a look at this Sunlite 8 1.2 x 0.61m Clear Twinwall Polycarbonate Sheet to see if it's something that might suit your needs.

To give the other panels a clean, I'd recommend using a high-pressure washer to blast off debris. Hold the nozzle at a distance from the panel so as not to damage it. A scrubbing brush and some warm soapy water would also do a reasonable job of cleaning the panels.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell! :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects