Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair Holman Retractable 20m hose lock failure?

BigBear183
Just Starting Out

How to repair Holman Retractable 20m hose lock failure?

4 year old Holman retractable hose, retracts beautifully but will not lock hose when pulled out. 

Can this be repaired? 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair Holman Retractable 20m hose lock failure?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @BigBear183. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repairing a retractable reel.

I suspect that if you were to open up the reel, you'd find that the teeth on the locking mechanism have worn down. Due to the nature of these units with their spring tension, I've never come across someone who has successfully repaired the unit, whether that be the auto-retract or locking function. I do apologise, but I've contacted Holman to see if there was a spare part for the locking mech, and there is not. They did suggest that if you wish to continue using the unit, there is a manual locking bar inside if you lift the top lid. At least that would allow you to use the unit and stop it from trying to pull the hose back in constantly.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Wow, almost instant response, have now purchased a Gardena product to replace the Holman

Hi @BigBear183,

Make sure you file that receipt away, as there is a five-year warranty on the Gardena auto-retract reels.

Let us know if you need advice on the installation or run into difficulties.

Mitchell 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects