Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to plant Daffodils in South East QLD climate?

schindamoBCG
Just Starting Out

How to plant Daffodils in South East QLD climate?

Hi everyone,  

My name is Sonya and I am the President of the Beenleigh Community Garden.  We are hosting this year's Daffodil Day fundraising event for the Cancer Council Foundation. We need our daffodil bulbs to be in full bloom August 31st. When and how long to I need to refrigerate the bulbs and do I need to do something to the soil temperature to ensure a successful bloom for the event. This is the first time for all of us. Would love your advice. If anyone is willing to come to the garden to do a daffodil bulb planting workshop, that is also something we would be most grateful to host. Thanking you in advance.

Kind regards 

Sonya Chindamo 🌿 

President of the Beenleigh Community Garden est 2020.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: planting Daffodils in South East QLD Climate

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @schindamoBCG. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question planting daffodil bulbs.

To ensure your daffodil bulbs bloom by August 31st, refrigerate them in a paper bag in the vegetable crisper of your fridge for 12-14 weeks before planting. Prepare a sunny, well-draining planting site with compost, then plant bulbs in mid-May to early June, 150-180mm deep, pointed end up, and water thoroughly.

Here's a helpful guide: How to plant and grow daffodils.

Regarding assistance with a planting workshop, that would be something to speak with the Activities Organiser at your closest Bunnings store about. It appears your closest store is Bunnings Bethania, so I've forwarded your message on to them.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects