Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a cubby to the ground?

crb82
Just Starting Out

How to fix a cubby to the ground?

Hi,

We are putting together our pre fab cubby and just wondering what the best way to fix the cubby to the ground is?

It is an elevated cubby with sand pit underneath but due to the posts already pre cut we cannot concrete any posts into the ground.

We live on acreage and have seen a few blow away!

Thanks

Cass

Screenshot_20230328_124114_Chrome.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix a cubby to the ground?

Hello @crb82 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about anchoring your cubby house.

A quick way to anchor the legs of the cubby house is to use the Otter 690 x 90mm Ground Screw Stirrup in combination with a galvanised nut and bolt assembly. However, you'll need to add extra timbre to occupy the gap in the ground stirrup as it was meant to hold a 90x90 ground post.   

The second option is to use 100x100 fence posts concreted into the ground. It does not have to be long lengths; It just needs to be long enough that the legs of the cubby house can be anchored on with a nut and bolt assembly. I don't recommend using a coach screw as it might crack and splinter the cubby house legs. I've placed a sample sketch below to give you an idea of how it would be positioned under the cubby house.

I also suggest having a quick look at this discussion - Cubby house base ideas? by @SxcMnx.  

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects