Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a Ryobi AC 2400W Crushing Shredder RSH2445S?

Growing in Experience

How to fix a Ryobi AC 2400W Crushing Shredder RSH2445S?

Any ideas on how the shaft of the Ryobi AC 2400W Crushing Shredder RSH2445S can be put back in? It came out as I was removing the blades and now the squared off section won’t enter the squared hole that allows it to connect to the gears 😕  Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks in advance for responding :smile:

Growing in Experience

Re: How to fix a Ryobi AC 2400W Crushing Shredder RSH2445S?

Thank you Nailbag!
TedBear suggested the gearbox might have dropped and, yes, that was the problem…so turning the machine on its side allowed me to return the shaft so it will connect to the gears…(upside down, didn’t work)…whew…all set for a weekend of shredding, now!…and I take your point about the gear case bolts and look out for that, thanks!

Enjoy your weekend 😀

elizabeth

Growing in Experience

Re: fixing a Ryobi AC 2400W Crushing Shredder RSH2445S

Hi Eric

good news! Thanks so much for your help and suggestions! …all fixed now…thought about you all saying how the gear box seemed to have slipped down, so halfway through replying to Dave-1 it occurred to me that if I turned the machine upside down, the movement of the gearbox might allow the shaft to go back in (not to be attempted with a petrol machine!), anyway that didn’t work, but turning over on its side did…the shaft just slipped back into place:-). I’m so happy! Thanks to all of you for coming on board to help me with this…I really have appreciated it…

a lovely weekend to you all - and I’m off to do some shredding 🤣

elizabeth

Growing in Experience

Thanks Mitchell,

Great ideas from the team that helped me on the way to fixing the problem…what a relief!
Thanks so much and hope you all have a lovely weekend 😀

elizabeth

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi Elizabeth @2122838,

It's sensational to hear that you resolved the issue. I just wanted to point out that you've gone a couple of steps further than what would be considered standard maintenance on the machine. I would encourage you to err on the side of caution, and if you have any doubt about the reassembly of the unit or its safety, do not use it. It's far safer to retire a unit that could potentially be unsafe than to continue to use it.

All the best, and stay safe.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Growing in Experience

Thanks Mitchell

i shall certainly be more cautious in future! Lots of lessons learnt this week, not least of which is how helpful the Bunnings workshop team can be!
cheers

elizabeth

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Good Evening @2122838 

Always remember that there is "never" a silly question or waste of time :smile: We have all been in a similar situation before and will be again, I think its what makes us who we are and also gives us the ability to pass infor onto someone else :smile:

I would confidently say that we have all enjoyed trying to "nut out" the problem!

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects