Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix Ozito PXCSDMS 18 36V mower?

richy13
Finding My Feet

How to fix Ozito PXCSDMS 18 36V mower?

Hi all my ozito 36 volt steel deck brushless mower ,build date 6/2018,it hadent been used 2 yrs as we had no grass as doing an extention to house   ,got it out to use it,as we now got turf thats been down long enough to mow ,its dead ,i bought a new twin pack with charger 4ah pack $99  as though the old batterys may have died,but nope, i though maybe pull out the key and reinsert it ,may help,but its jambed solid ,ive pushed the red button in b4 pulling handle,pulled handle then pushed the button,tryed batterys in differnt spots ,any one have any sugestions ,or do i thow it out,its done bugger all work for the amount i orig payed for it ,i thought if im going to buy a new battery mower  get the one with the  biggest cut with steel deck ect  ,i def wont be buying another one ,as its not good value for your money ,ive allso got a small ryobi 18volt that i got b4 the ozito,its had a hard life and still going strong

1000026980.jpg

1000026978.jpg

1000026979.jpg

1000026976.jpg

1000026973.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: my ozito PXCSDMS 18 36V mower wont run

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @richy13.

I'm so sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your Ozito mower.

Do you still have your proof of purchase? The Ozito Power X Change range has a five-year warranty, so it might still be under warranty, depending on when you purchased it. Regardless of the warranty period, given the mower's limited work, I would encourage you to return to the store of purchase with it and your receipt to discuss your options with a manager.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell ,dont have the recpit for it ,ive gone through my recipt box there, literly hundreds of them as bought a ton of building supplys for an extention to the house  ,i thought i used my powerpass card when i bought it ,but my parrner is posative i payed cash for it , im allso bad for leaving recipts on my work ute dashboard for ages and we all know what the sun dose to them lol

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I note in the troubleshooting for that unit, @richy13, that it mentions that the key not being inserted correctly can lead to the mower not starting. Is there any chance the key could have been put in the wrong way? Since you have said that it is jammed solid, I'd be inclined to start my troubleshooting there and see if there is any possible way of removing it. 

Mitchell

I was hoping this is the issue il try it tomorrow and let you know how it works out 

1000027198.jpg

1000027592.jpg

 hi mitchell finly managed to get the key out,its not good ,it was melted in there ,judging by that the mower fryed 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @richy13 

I'm positive that it's possible to purchase a replacement key from Ozito. Please take a photo of the mower badge and id tag at the side before proceeding to the store. I suggest speaking to the special orders team and asking them to get a quote for an Ozito key for the model of your mower.  

On the condition that nothing else got damaged in tis electrical system, inserting the new key should bring that unit back to life.  

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Its hard to get a decent pic,but the pin the key go into is allso melted ,have to find out what caused it to get so hot it melted ,with out pulling the the black cover off to see if its a wireing issue in their or down further ,all the wiring down to the motor is intact no damage of sighs of being hot 

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @richy13,

If you can see that the pins have also melted, I would say that a new key will not fix this problem. You could enquire at your local Bunnings Special Orders desk to see if they can replace the connection between the key and the mower, but Ozito would be unlikely to supply a replacement part as needing to replace it would mean there is a major fault.

Unless you are extremely confident and suitably qualified in fault finding and maintenance on electrical systems, I think it may be time for a new lawnmower.

If you'd like any further advice or direction, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Jacob

Ok yes can only try ay

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects