Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to cure leaf curling issue with rose?

nelsondave69
Just Starting Out

How to cure leaf curling issue with rose?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

 could anyone help with the leaf curling issue with my rose and how to cure it please. @Noelle  and @Adam_W I hear you are very knowledgeable  

Noelle
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to cure leaf curling issue with rose?

Hi @nelsondave69 

Leaf curling on a roe can be due to either lack of watering or insect attack where sap-sucking pests like aphids and/or mites are causing damage. Check the undersides of leaves for any insects hiding from view and, if present, spray them with a pyrethrum insecticide.

Other leaves are looking dry and brown on the margins, which could indicate lack of watering and/or fungal disease. If your watering regime has been reasonably good, then I'd suspect disease. An application of a copper-based garden fungicide before leaf fall (which will happen in autumn) would be beneficial.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to cure leaf curling issue with rose?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @nelsondave69. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about rose care.

It's wonderful to see that @Noelle has already provided assistance. To add to her excellent advice I thought I'd link you to this helpful article: How to grow, prune and propagate roses.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects