Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build hydroponic NFT easy feeder tubes?

itsangus
Getting Established

How to build hydroponic NFT easy feeder tubes?

Untitled (2).png

Hi All,

I want to re-create this type of irrigation for my NFT. I've created the channels and would love for the refill water from the pump to go up this 25mm PVC and split into these tubes but don't know what they're called or how to find them. I understand the channels will need grommets but also not sure on how to install them.

I'd much rather do that than do the usual feeder pipes:

image_2024-03-12_230856053.png

If anyone could help that would be awesome!

Cheers!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to build hydroponic NFT easy feeder tubes?

Hello @itsangus 

Thanks for sharing your question about irrigation for your NFT system. Using 25mm fittings is quite heavy, I just want you to be sure that your channels are strong enough to hold the weight of the fittings. Finding a rubber gromet to go on to your channels will be a trial-and-error affair.

You can technically recreate the same amount of water flow using 19mm irrigation fittings and you won't have to use gromets as the pipe can be manipulated to go to the top using barbed tees and elbows. Plus, it will be budget friendly and easy to repair should anything fail or start leaking.

I suggest visiting your local store and looking at how big the 25mm fittings are and comparing them to the 19mm irrigation fittings. To give you an idea of their size difference.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects