Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to attach shade cloth between fence and brick wall?

jimboss
Just Starting Out

How to attach shade cloth between fence and brick wall?

was looking to enclose side of house in-between coulorbond fence in to a greenhouse with cream shade cloth to the brick wall of house about 2m wide,what best way to attach to either side

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to attach shade cloth between fence and brick wall?

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop @jimboss. We're pleased to have you join the community and look forward to reading all about your projects and plans for around the house and garden. 

Could we please trouble you for some photos of this area? It would help members to see what you are working with so they could give you more specific and helpful advice. 

Many thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: greenery veggies

Hello @jimboss 

That sounds like a fantastic project. Installing a greenhouse and putting up shade sail is definitely possible. However, in order to give our members a better idea of what the area looks like, would it be possible for you post a photo of where you plan to put the green house? Can you also please include its measurements. 

Have you seen a greenhouse you would like to install or are you planning to build it from scratch? In regards to the shade sail it will need to be installed using a timber post as it is not advisable to anchor onto a Colorbond fence. 

If you need a hand posting the photos, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: greenery veggies

Hi @jimboss 

I think I am seeing want you want and the answer is timber  screwed to the colorbonds top rail  for horizonatal mounting  point or  between the top rail and bottom rail for a vertical timber mounting post for SHADE cloth.  Dont screw through color bond infill panels as it will stick out on neighbours side/

On the house wall  screw a timber battons  and for colour bond too 

50 x 25mm L/M H3 Treated Pine Sawn CCA - 50mm

$1.30

Color bond screws Zenith 10G x 40mm Galvanised Countersunk Head Metal Screws - 50 Pack

I/N: 2420547

$14.82

brick wall left color bond fence rightbrick wall left color bond fence right

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects