Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I get the hose nozzle to stay attached to the hose?

divergentmojo
Just Starting Out

How do I get the hose nozzle to stay attached to the hose?

I am unsure why, but the nozzle I have will not stay attached to this particular hose and will very unexpectedly shoot off during use. It comes off as one piece (like in the first photo) - including the black hose connector - so I know it's not the quick-release failing.

I've tried trimming off a good portion of the hose, as well as wrapping tape around it to make it thicker & give the head something to clamp onto - but neither seems to work.

Any advice? I would very much prefer not to replace the hose - as it is a mounted retractable one, and there isn't anything else wrong with it. Happy to replace the nozzle if need be -> but I'm unsure what to look for to make sure the next one doesn't have the same problem!

I live in an area where all of our hoses must have a trigger nozzle attached, and also it makes it much easier to water my many plants, so I'm hoping to get this fixed soon!

PXL_20240309_234139740.jpg PXL_20240309_234115543.jpgPXL_20240309_234110812.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I get the hose nozzle to stay attached to the hose?

Hi @divergentmojo,

I suspect the issue might be the very budget-friendly quick-connect fitting you're using, or it could be that the hose walls are very thin or too soft. I would start by replacing the quick-connect with something like the Pope 12mm Comfort Grip Hose Connector, which will grip the hose more firmly. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects