Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How come some of my tomato plants have got the wilt?

jocdave
Getting Established

How come some of my tomato plants have got the wilt?

Hi Mitch

I have some tomatoes growing in my vege garden and some growing pots.  The pots were going OK and I have had a fairly good crop off them, however the one I wanted the most to grow was the Grosse Lisse.  It was only a little plant but already had 3 tomatoes on it and a few more flowers.  I was looking after it well and then I came out today and it has wilted.  I have been careful not to water the leaves.  I also had a Mini Roma wilt that was growing in the vege garden.  Can you tell me what I might have done wrong to make this happen so I will know for future growing.

Thanks in advance.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How come some of my tomato plants have got the wilt?

Hi @jocdave,

Are the plants completely dead now, or could you share some images of them with our helpful members? If we could see them, we might be able to identify some issues.

A wilted plant sounds like it's related to moisture, either too much or too little. What's the weather been like near you? You say this happened overnight, not over the space of a week?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects