Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you use pedestal footing on pavers?

tarun1arora
Getting Established

Can you use pedestal footing on pavers?

Hi,

I am planning on a low level deck and I am not confident in digging, so considering a modern kind of deck. I have about 140 mm of space and thinking of using 70x35 for framing and 19mm merbau for the top. Which leaves me with approximately 50mm of space.

I have used modular decking foot in past which is about 50mm or I can use the pedestal foot. I used the decking foot on a concrete paver and want to know if I can use the builders edge pedestal footing on top of the concrete paver?? If i use pedestal foot it allows me to use a 90x45 mm frame as the pedestal foot is only 25-40mm. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Pedestal footing on pavers

Hello @tarun1arora 

Thanks for sharing your question about using pedestal footing on pavers. The quick answer is yes, you can use the pedestal footing on pavers. This is on the condition that the paver is not cracked, it is flat, level and has a flat surface from which the pedestal can sit on. 

Just keep in mind when using the smaller pedestals, you'll need to use more of them to provide adequate support. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know. 

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects