Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can the Nylex 30m soaker hose be connected to another soaker hose?

oakland
Just Starting Out

Can the Nylex 30m soaker hose be connected to another soaker hose?

Hello, doesn't anyone know if the Nylex 30m soaker hose(I/N: 0012422) can be connected to another Nylex 30m soaker hose to 'create' a 60m one??

And if you know where I could get a 60 meter one please let me know :smile: 

Many thanks

20231024_194814.jpg

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Can the Nylex 30m soaker hose be connected to another soaker hose?

A warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, @oakland. It's a pleasure having you join us and we trust you find this site a great resource for handy D.I.Y. advice and inspiring ideas.

Many thanks for your question. I'm sure our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL will be happy to help once he's back online tomorrow. Let me also tag our ever-helpful members @Dave-1@Sammywench@mich1972 and @homeinmelbourne to see if they have any thoughts.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Good morning @oakland and @Akanksha  Im sorry I am not sure about this, I will wait until one of the other Workshop members can answer your question 😊🪴

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Good morning @oakland 

Like @mich1972 I havnt had any contact with that particular hose and would presume that its capped at the 30m mark. Looking at the nylex product range I had a thought tho.

How about you run your hose out to a point, T piece it and then can run 30m either way?

Dave

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @oakland 

Thanks for sharing your question about extending the Nylex soaker hose.

I've just been in contact with the Nylex information team, and they don't recommend extending the hose any further. The 30-meter length has been tested to typical household water pressures in Australian homes. Extending past this means that the hose will not perform properly. 

I recommend thinking about installing a drip irrigations system as a possible option for watering your garden. I suggest having a quick look at this guide - How to install a drip irrigation watering system by @Adam_W. Here is an excellent discussion regarding water irrigation - How to plan drip irrigation - Layout & zones? by @tanveersattar. This is a good example of a well-planned drip irrigation system.

Please note that the irrigation system can have a two-hose set one for drip method and one for spray heads if necessary. It is a more versatile system than just a soaker hose.  

Would it be possible for you to post a photo of your garden or a drawing of the areas you were planning to irrigate? This will give our members a chance to assess the layout of your plants. We can then make recommendations on how to layout your pipework.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects