Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What filler to use for cracks in Fibre Hardie board in Granny Flat weatherboards?

Paulod
Just Starting Out

What filler to use for cracks in Fibre Hardie board in Granny Flat weatherboards?

Granny Flat on Concrete stumps 10 years old Crack in Boards? Maybe some movement.

Best product to use?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What filler to use for cracks in Fibre Hardie board in Granny Flat weatherboards?

Hello @Paulod 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about what filler to use on Hardie board in your granny flat.

In order for us to give you a comprehensive recommendation, would it be possible for you to post a photo of the crack and its surroundings on the Hardi board? This will give our members a chance to assess its condition. We can then make recommendations about the type of filler to use.

There are several types of fillers, some that are flexible and others that dry hard. It's important that you put the right one in so that the repair will last a long time.

If you need a hand posting the photos, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Paulod
Just Starting Out

How to repair cracked Hardieboard?

Best filler to use please?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Cracked Hardie board

Hello @Paulod 

Thanks for posting that photo of the damaged panel. I suggest using Earl's 1kg Concremate Expanding Cement along with a Craftright 50mm Joint Knife. My number one tip is to have it as level as possible so that you won't have to sand the surface too much.

Once the filler has cured make sure to wipe off any dust and debris, before you start painting the surface.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects